As the issue of food safety, including petfood safety continues to garner headlines, our challenge is to apply a hygienic design and principles to the process. Additional design features include:
- Elimination of as many horizontal edges as possible in the frame design.
- Improved access under, on and around the extrusion unit for ease of cleaning.
- Advanced venting technology for steam eliminates renegade product from contaminating the process area.
- ***Extrusion rate turndown without surging.
- The new pumping system insures consistent, high pressure regardless of the water supply pressure from the water main.
- The advanced DCC includes a manual clean-out valve to assist with the sanitation program and allows clean-out in as little as 30 minutes
Each extruder model can be equipped with multiple barrel length packages, each designed for the production of specific product types. Naturally, all extruder screws and liners continue to be constructed of high quality, wear-resistant stainless steel alloys that are subsequently polished, heattreated to required hardness specifications and then parallel ground to ensure proper fit between barrel components.
Extru-Tech Extruder Barrels are already designed for broad production capabilities with maximum efficiency and minimal metal-to-metal wear. However, to further eliminate pathogens in the extruder barrel, Extru-Tech Advanced Feature Extruders utilize a modified barrel profile and increased steam injection into the barrel. From the start, back in 1985, the overriding goal of the Extru-Tech engineering sta has been to design an extrusion cooking system that will yield high production levels of premium quality products. Whether it’s snack, pet, aquatic or animal feed production, Extru-Tech Extruders continue to be the most efficient single screw extrusion cooking systems available on the market. Except, now they’re even morehygienic.